1st Class Garage was founded in Brighton in 1993 by Steve Kennard. To begin with Steve was the only mechanic working at 1st Class. The business has expanded over the years, and the garage now employs 8 full-time technicians. 1st Class is now probably the largest independent garage in Brighton, since moving to our current premises in 1999.
1st Class Garage are specialists in MOT testing. Our garage is easy to find, being close to central Brighton. We are extremely popular with local drivers, and customers from as far as Worthing and Eastbourne bring their cars to 1st Class for repairs and servicing.
1st Class Garage carry out repairs on cars, vans, and light commercial vehicles. The extra-wide doors of our garage ensure easy access for most shapes and sizes of vehicle. We welcome all private customers, business fleets, and trade vehicles. We keep up-to-date with the latest innovations in vehicle technology, enabling us to carry out repairs on vehicles of all ages, makes, and models.
Our mechanics can repair most problems with your vehicle on-site. We are members of the R.M.I, and F.S.B. All of the mechanics at 1st Class Garage carry out work quickly and efficiently, and it is often possible to drop your car off in the morning and pick it up later the same day.
Looking for the best car care products available? Find out which products come highly recommended by the experienced technicians at 1st Class Garage.
Professional and experienced advice on keeping your car running smoothly and finding minor faults before they become major headaches.
At 1st Class Garage we understand that all makes of car have their own individual quirks. If the information on this web site doesn't help you solve your particular problem, give us a call. We are always happy to give advice over the phone, and may be able to put your mind at ease.
Full range of services for your vehicle
Based in Brighton, Sussex, we specialise in servicing and repairing all makes of cars & light commercial vehicles, including engine rebuilds, auto and manual gearbox overhauls, brake overhauls, clutch replacements, injection systems, electrical fault finding & repair, cam-belt replacements, welding, the list goes on. In particular, we work in the following areas:
* MoT testing - 1st Class garage is an accredited MoT testing centre, now offering the lastest computerised MoT testing
* Engine management - At 1st Class Garage we clear diagnostic faults with in-car computer systems
* Air conditioning - We refill Air Conditioning systems with gas and test for leaks, and remove bacteria
* Wheel alignment - At 1st Class Garage we use four-wheel laser alignment for the most precise alignment possible
* Engine rebuilds - We are happy to strip an engine in order to repair a fault and prolong the life of your car
* Electrics - The 1st Class Garage workshop is equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment to access the on-board computers found in most modern vehicles
* Mechanics / servicing - We recommend that every car receives a full service at least once every year
* Tuning - 1st Class understand what is required in both modern and older engines and are able to perform whatever tuning work is necessary
* Tyres - 1st Class Garage fit any tyre you request, as well as performing computerised wheel balancing and tyre repairs
* Vehicle recovery - We offer a local and long-distance vehicle recovery service for cars and light vans
* Welding - All our welding work is carried out with the highest regard for quality and safety
* Valeting - Our valeting service is tailored to your requirements
* Other services - 1st Class Garage offer a comprehensive car fault diagnosis service along with expert automobile advice